Wednesday, September 23, 2009

another post about reading

“This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.”

  1. Through a Glass Darkly

  2. Book Thief (I wept.  I laughed.  I wept some more.)

  3. Thirteenth Tale

  4. Books of Rachel

  5. Neverwhere

  6. Fairy Haven & the Quest for the Wand - the first long chapter book I read Munchkin

  7. Goodnight Moon

  8. The Hobbit

  9. Lord of the Rings (trilogy)

  10. Book of a Thousand Days

  11. The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch (the way she has to totally rebuild her life after the sudden death of her husband rang so familiar)

  12. Breathing Room (although this is a silly chick-lit novel, it was perfectly timed with events happening in my life)

  13. Eve: a Novel of the First Woman

  14. The Witching Hour

  15. A Clockwork Orange (not because I enjoyed it but because of the controversy it caused in my household)


 

Is there a book that you wish you could “unread”? One that  you disliked so thoroughly you wish you could just forget that you ever read it?

Pillars of the Earth.  I hated it.  absolutely HATED it.  Threw it in the kitchen trash.  I have NEVER thrown away a book.  If it wasn't against fire code, I would have BURNED it. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again! I've missed your updates and such.

    I haven't read Pillars of the Earth b/c the author seemed such a fruitcake. Glad to know I didn't miss anything in deciding to skip that one.

    I did try, over the summer, to read through Oprah's book list. I must have picked all the icky books - b/c they were bad. Hopefully the rest are phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete