Thursday, October 2, 2008

some people

Sometimes you wonder if people truly have nothing better to do than say snarky things to others.  I mean, can't we be adults?  I think my fascination with the high school comes, in part, with the realization that MOST of the adults I know aren't MUCH more refined and mature than some of these 16-18 year olds.  Sheesh.  GROW UP.

Nothing in particular.  I listened to a man so full of his own self-righteousness today until my head hurt.  I watched another person posture on a platform; more interested in being seen than SEEING.  And another person strike out in the hopes of wounding another just for the sake of doing it. 

Well, anyways.  Enough time spent on people who waste their energy being hateful.  I will NOT allow it to spoil my joy. 

There was a glimmer of hope today.  I've recently encountered a character in my daily travels that has captured my attention.  I can see potential behind his facade of apathy.  Lots of it.  Maybe I'm a fool to hope (there's that word again) but it's a foolishness I'll take any day to hopelessness.  Well, I checked on him today and I think he was surprised to see me.  Suprised maybe that I really do care?  Maybe it's too early to go that far.  I'll keep at it, though, just to see what happens. 

Yes, I'm being vague.  I can do that.  *laugh*

Good night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment