Saturday, May 17, 2008

What fun! (thank goodness it's over!)











 

What a fun day!  The weather was fantastic, her friends were cute and I think everybody had a really good time.  I only put up a couple of the pictures but I'll put everything on the flickr account. 

We made paper hats (they were a hit, once we figured out how to make them work), played tweedledee/tweedledum freeze tag (we even got Nana and Mommy to run around a little), pin the tail on the cheshire cat and had lots of turns on the swing.  The biggest hit of the party was decorating their own cupcakes - boy, they dug that.  What a mess!   I'm so glad we were outside!  They painted little canvas bags that they took with them (thanks SIL - that was a TERRIFIC idea) and Nana told a story. 

We ended up not using the teacups because up until the very hour before the party, I had no idea how many children were coming.  Fearing leaving somebody out, we just passed on them.  I am going to teach Munchkin how to use them - we'll have a tea party with her little girl friends. 

It rained after the party but not during.  Whew!  Now, I'm totally beat and ready to crawl into bed.  Thank goodness it's over.  We had SUCH a fun time, though....

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness that looks like so much fun! And I'm SURE the little boy in the photos probably appreciated, very much, not taking home a dainty tea cup!! LOL!! Use them as you wish! I'm just SO Glad to have them out of the china cabinet space!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete