Friday, May 30, 2008

The Joy of a Checked off List

I'm sure I've written about this before but there is little else in this life that thrills me like checking items off a list.  Oh sure, there are things that are WAY cooler than that - don't get me wrong. (although some of them haven't happened in such a long time I'm beginning to forget) (I'm talking about being on stage, ya sickos!)  *giggle* 

Anyway, last night was the Staff Recognition Banquet.  I've been working on it for several months now.  Plans finally came together and last night was the night.  It turned out pretty great, actually.  Oh sure, you can't please everybody but, mostly, people seemed to really like the new format.  Folks were home in time to watch the end of Lost. *laugh*

I'm so tired.  I wasn't planning on working this weekend but I find our website and email is down so it is a good thing, huh? 

Auditions for South Pacific are Sunday and Monday.  I anticipate lines of women, just waiting for the chance to sing and read for Nellie.  It should be a fascinating couple of evenings. 

 I'm going to see if Mom can watch the midget so I can go to the show at the Theatre on Saturday.  I think it's going to be important to be there.  AND, my very dear friend George, from She Loves Me is going to be there.  It would be great to catch up with him and hear about his adventures since the show.  He's found love, he says, so I can't wait to hear all about it. 

Tonight, though, I would love nothing more than laying down and sleeping until 10 o'clock tomorrow morning.  I know the chances of that happening are slim but a girl can hope.  I know Munchkin will be up at the crack of dawn, like she always is. 

She acted like she wanted to get sick earlier but I think she's doing better now.  I think she's just overly tired and she was out in the grass all morning so her allergies may have just stopped her up.  She's perked back up this last hour or so.  She's laying in the floor of the living room, watching Tom and Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment