Saturday, February 16, 2008

Relief and Nerves - all in one big package

Relief that last week is over.
Man, what a week.  I have never worked so hard.  Well, truthfully, a lot of weeks are like that at work but I guess this one felt particularly hectic.  Perhaps it was that we had 22 visitors to the District this week; many of whom are supporters of other school districts.  Perhaps it was coordinating several media inquiries on the same day, all the while swerving to avoid a particularly unfortunate item.  Perhaps it was the push to get everything done before I went out of town.  Whatever it was - it was busy and I was glad for the Friday bell.  (ok, so we don't literally have bells in the office, but you get my meaning.)

Nerves for the week ahead.
I'm going to my first School PR Conference.  Brand new brochures in hand and a list of questions for other district PR Directors, I'll be in Houston until Wednesday.  I'm excited to see what other districts are doing, interested to stack our PR Plan up against bigger districts and learn new things that my "baptism by fire" at the district hasn't covered (yet).  I'm always a little nervous driving to a place I'm not familiar but I'm excited anyway so I'm really looking forward to this. 

My baby brother is graduating from police academy on Friday and it is not possible for me to be any prouder of him.  I think I'm going to take a suggestion from the Ex and get him (my brother) a gift card to Dunkin Donuts.  *tee hee*   

My mother's One Act Play kids go to competition this weekend.  I'm nervous and excited for them - I want them to do well and am proud of the work they've done. 

We're moving next weekend!  The packing is almost done.  One by one, cabinets and drawers are emptied, floors and walls are bare and boxes are stacked up in every room.  I'm excited about decorating a new place and getting settled in.  There is a little sadness at saying goodbye to this sweet little house that has been our home for three and a half years but it's only just a little.  Mom's moving back into the house so we'll be here again.  It will be neat to see how she puts her touches back into the house. 

There are, of course, the mundane chores like going to planning meetings, returning phonecalls and digging out from under four days of email when I get back that I'm not looking forward to. 

I have another surprise in the works but mums the word, for now.  I'm afraid to jinx it.  If everything works out, I'll be back to tell you all about it.  Well, maybe not ALL but certainly some.  *giggle* 

While I am nervous and excited and relieved - all at the same time - I am also incredibly grateful.  Grateful for the chance to have a job that I love.  Grateful for the chance at a sweet romance.  Grateful for a child who loves to turn my world on its end, just to keep things fun.  Grateful for the renewed health of my brother and mother.  Grateful that God is so good - even when I'm nervous.  *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment