Tuesday, February 5, 2008

And we're live in five, four, three, two....

...eh, you get the picture. 

Work is nuts.  The spring recruiting trips are already starting (I heard March!) and so we are scrambling to get everything ready.  It's like that last few days before any big production - you test, you run, you check and you try to break stuff just to make sure you've accounted for everything.  You think, "I'm never going to get it all done.."  You make lists of your lists and then lose your master list, just to make it more exciting. 

The existing recruiting packet is awful.  It's missing basic information about our district and the overall design is so bad that even a dead man would think it stinks.  Don't get me wrong, it has just enough information to tell you what you absolutely have to know (where Temple is, salary scale for teachers and a description of the benefit plan).  All of these things are important but, as often happens, HOW it is assembled and presented has been a total afterthought.  "if you describe it, they will come."  WRONG. 

So, here I come to rescue the district from a lack of style, an absence of deliberate design and all of those other lovely things I do...  

[youtube=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fdd_X4A5TVI]

Ug. 

In other news... oh, who am I kidding?  Work is almost all I think about.  Not kidding - I dream about it.  But you don't really want to hear about that. 

I could tell you about all the laundry, sitting on my bed, that needs to be folded but I won't bore you.  Nothing else of interest is happening around here.  Work, sleep, church.  Work, sleep, church... 

*yawn*  I'm boring myself typing this...  *knock, knock*  Anybody still out there? 

*cricket*

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I dream about being a waitress. When I worked at HEB I used to dream about checking groceries. You know ... I never dream about being a ballet teacher. What does that tell you??? HMMM...

    Just so you know - you aren't the only one. It happens to the best of us. HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete