Saturday, January 5, 2008

One Day

I remember thinking to myself that it seemed silly to go back to work only one day this week and then have a weekend.  Why not give us one more long weekend and then start from go on Monday? 

Yesterday was the loooooooooooooongest day of my life.  I was so out of "shape" per se that it was good I didn't have another four days to look forward to.  I've become accustomed to sitting in my pjs until 10am, laying on the couch and playing PS2 while Munchkin sleeps and, lastly, staying up all hours of the night. 

The alarm went off at 5:45, just like it always does, and I felt like somebody turned car headlights on in my head.  AAAHH, the racket!!

It was a good day at work - I think I accomplished quite a few things for my first day back.  Several things were tabled though until my boss and her assistant get back.  Since I don't have one, I rely on her assistant (my boss's) to help me with small things.

But, of the things I could get done, I finished them.  I'll have full demo sets of the new printed pieces next week and I'll start putting together formal presentations for the Board meeting.  I also have another Leadership Temple day next week.  Blah.  I guess I need to give some thought to my section of our team project soon.  (there are just so many other things to think about...)

I think today is going to be a day to take some of the Christmas decorations down.  We're leaving the tree, stockings and nativity up until J comes home.  He can open his gifts when he gets back.  That means we have to take down all the garland, lights, centerpieces, cabinet knob decorations, christmas dishes, flowers, candles and advent wreath. 

I want to work on a calendar to count down the days but I don't know what day he's coming home, do I?  That sneaky thing thinks he is going to surprise me.  I told him to be ready to do CPR because I will probably have a heart attack.  I still have an idea of a ballpark time, though....  Maybe I'll just arbitrarily pick a date and count down to it.  Kind of like a due date.  It's more a guess than anything else anyway - you never REALLY know when that baby will show up.  *snicker*

Ok, quick CD review.  "Dreaming Out Loud" by OneRepublic is a really great album.  They sound like a combination of several other bands - they've got some Coldplay, some Maroon 5 and others of that style.  And, I have to say that I like the arrangement of "Apologize" with Timbaland better than the original.   I like the extra effects they added.  *grin*  "Come Home" is a sweet song that captures a lot of the melancholy anybody who is far away from one they love feels.  "All We Are" has a line in the chorus that I just LOVE: We won't say our goodbyes/we know it's better that way.  We won't break, we won't die/it's just a moment of change.  I downloaded it from Amazon - you can buy and download the albums online now.  LOVE IT!!!   

We booked our trip to New Jersey for Spring Break.  *laugh*  Not exactly a spring break destination, you might think?  Well, Munchkin is going to see her daddy and his family for spring break and Mom and I are flying her up there.  While she plays with them, Mom and I are going to spend four days in Manhattan!  We've decided not to try and see a bunch of shows b/c we'd easily spend all our money on show tickets and there are so many other things to see.  I want to see Wicked but those tickets are going for $140/EACH so I don't see how that will be possible.  But, that's A-Ok.  There is LOTS to see without spending a lot of $$.  It'll be fun.  And the pictures! 

Y'all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. OM! I'm so jealous that you are going to Manhattan! Every year my Mom and sisters say, "We should go to New York one year for a Girls Only Shopping Trip!" I'll live vicariously through you. And I think you should splurge and spend the $280 on the tickets to see Wicked. (But this is me talking, not YOUR checkbook!) LOL! When we went to Chicago we spent the $200 on lunch at the American Girl Store. Was it worth it? Food wise...uh...nope. But for the memories...yes. You simply Can Not go to Chicago and NOT have lunch at the American Girl Store. Of course. Come to find out - they are building a Cafe in Dallas and soon enough one can simply drive to Dallas to experience the glory that is spending $200 on hot dogs and cupcakes. :) Hee hee.... We skipped paying $50 to ride an elevator to the top of the Sears Tower. LOL! Priorities!

    ReplyDelete