Friday, June 8, 2007

The Big Trip

We'll get on the plane a little after 5pm and be in Newark (hopefully) a little after 10pm.

Munchkin is excited. Her dad is excited. I am....

Don't get me wrong - I am glad she's going. She will have a ball and it is good for her to spend time with her dad and his side of the family. I wish he didn't have to live so far away so she could see him more than just once a year. But two months? Gosh, that's such a long time.

*sigh*

I think about how nice it will be to sleep in on Saturdays

I think about how great it will be to not go to McDonald's a SINGLE time for two months.

I think about how great it will be to not trip over a single barbie or step on Barbie shoes for two months.

I think about how it will be so nice to have a complete conversation without my little mynah bird interrupting me every 10 seconds.

I think about how I can sleep through an entire night without hearing "April in Paris" 16 times because her big band cd is set on repeat.

I think about how nice it is that I will not have to run the a/c so low because my very hot-natured child can't sleep until it is 68 degrees in the house. (it's June and I still have two blankets on my bed!)

I refuse to think about missing bedtime prayers

I refuse to think about peanut butter kisses

I refuse to think about our games

I refuse to think about hearing her sing praise songs at the top of her lungs because she wants to make sure Jesus can hear "all the way up in heaven."

I refuse to think about snuggling with her first thing in the morning

I miss her already.

Come home soon, Doodlebug.

2 comments:

  1. so sweet, so sad! i dunno how i'd suvive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet, so sad! i dunno how i'd suvive!

    ReplyDelete