Saturday, December 31, 2011

In This House

Goal-setting tonight with the family was fantastic!  But I get ahead of myself.  First, let me tell you how I almost set the house on fire.  Not really, I made meatloaf.  The juices bubble, bubble, boil and trouble and (yes, I know it's double, double, toil and trouble...I'm trying to be clever) actually bubbled over a little bit.  Well, that got the oven to smoking and then that made the whole house smoky and the smoke alarm went off.  As my mother always said, that's how you know dinner's ready. 

All in all, it was a pretty good meatloaf - if you don't mind yours a little charred.  *giggle*

Ok...on to goals. 

We stuck a big piece of paper on the wall and divided it into two vertical sections.  The left side was for goals; activities and things we'd like to accomplish this year.  The right side is an adaptation of the My One Word project where you list all the characteristics you'd like to have then you choose one of those words on which to focus your efforts for the next year.  We adapted it to list the type of family we'd like to be.  We'll leave our list posted a few days then come back to it mid-week and decide on our one word. 

Then, as our conversation continued, we split the One Word side into half and drew three smaller boxes below for individual goals (goals specific to one person).  We also wanted to remind ourselves of our family core value: LOVE.  L-Listen | O-Overlook | V-Value | E-Encourage.  Thanks to our beloved pastor, Charlie Robinson, for such a beautiful acrostic. 

2012 is going to be a great year! 

Happy New Year, friends.  What are YOU focusing on in 2012?



ps. Incidentally, if you are interested in trying out our worksheet, help yourself to the PDF.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment