Saturday, May 7, 2011

Haha - the problem with working out at night

So, I've not been very diligent about blogging this week. I shall blame that on the Insanity.

Workouts are going REALLY well. Last night I finished the entire Plyometric workout (well I skipped one of the warm up sets so I could make it through the entire circuit training but I don't feel too bad about that.). But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Let's back up to earlier in the week.

Day 3 - Cardio Recovery
I didn't know what to expect from this one because we didn't watch it before we did it. I was pleasantly surprised, them, to figure out it was going to be a break from the butt-kicking cardio for some deep-muscle yoga and stretching. well, wasn't as easy as I though it would be because 1. I was amazingly sore from the first two days of Insanity and 2. My core strength is pretty awful so yoga is REALLY hard. The result - almost as much sweating and groaning as the rest of the work-outs.

The end result, though, was great. My legs felt like jello but the soreness was GONE. I crawled into bed without Advil.

Day 4 - Pure Cardio
Only did 15 minutes of this one because my feet were hurting. It seems the Adidas Bounce shoes I've been wearing just aren't built to take the impact on my arches. Matt made me stop and that was wise. I looked at the Cardio Abs as maybe an alternative but it was Ahmed warm up set lot of jumping too; as least in the beginning so I just called it a loss.

Day 5 - Plyometrics Cardio Circuit
Back to the beginning. This time, I skipped the third warm up set to go on into the work out. I learned from the first time, the warm out wears me out and I had nothing left for the end of the circuit training. By skipping that set, I made it through the entire rest of the workout. I was hurting at the end but I did it.

Today is a rest day and I'm looking forward to taking it.

I'm enjoying it. I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true. I can feel the difference. I'm sleeping better and I'm far more motivated to pass up the food that will undo all this hard word I'm doing. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up Jody's. IT JUST AIN'T HAPPENING.

Ok, son this an abrupt ending but my family is getting hungry and so am I. Enjoy your Saturday. I plan to enjoy mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment