Thursday, December 29, 2005

What the heck is a pincurl?

Ugh. I had this entire blog updated and my silly computer froze. GAK!

Anyway, sorry for the lag in updating; holidays were upon us and computer time was scarce. But, I'm back now!! (no applause; just throw money)

So, I've discovered a new hobby. Or rather, I fell into it while looking for some hairstyle ideas. See, I've been growing my hair out and now it's about half-way down my shoulder blade. I don't want to cut it but can't stand a sloppy look. I wear mostly suits to work and long hair is still, mostly, seen as a sign of youth and inexperience, so I keep it up most of the time. Being bored with the messy bun look and disgusted with modern updo's (nothing more than a french twist with hair sticking up or curled at top - gag), I Googled "40's hairstyles" and came up with this site, Fedora Lounge. As it turns out, there are people who are into this entire revival of the "Golden Era" of the 30's and 40's. They walk, talk, dress and live the era. Some are much more casual about it but everybody seems to love it and really know what they are talking about.

I've spent more time the last two days than I really should, digging on the forums. Fear not, this isn't bound to be another House Pride situation where I am on morning, noon and night. I don't have time and it isn't that kind of forum. Well, I'm sure it could be but, again, I just don't have the time.

Today, I went to the library and checked out as many books as I could carry home to read up on the decade. I think it would be an easy transition to vintage or vintage inspired living. I've said many times over the course of my young life that I am a child born 60 years too late. That I belong to another era. That my passion for antique books, "old-fashioned" clothes and "outdated" ideals just don't fit in now. Apparently, I am not alone. How cool is that???

So, I'm playing along - seeing where it will take me. Who knows, maybe I'll figure out how to pin curl my hair and learn to swing dance? *grin*

*yawn*
Night, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment