Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Living in Crazyville

I'm not sure, but I'm beginning to think Crazyville isn't just some silly name I came up with when I was designing this blog. I'm pretty sure it's one of the more accurate labels I could put on our life.

Working in the school district, I get spring break off. During spring break, it became abundantly clear how desperately I'd been craving some downtime. We didn't go anywhere and just being home, with no games, meetings, appointments, dance classes, work functions, WHATEVER was amazing. It was probably more time together, as a whole family - maybe ever. Crazyville.

Then, school started again and immediately we were right back up to our eardrums in all of the above. I woke up Tuesday morning after spring break and that knot at the base of my neck was back. In less than 48 hours. Crazyville.

Then, you come to something like our crazy day today. (incidentally, from the time I posted the diagram of my afternoon to now, the picture has changed three times) Crazyville.

How do we simplify? Coach can't stop being a coach. Well, he could but that's like telling me to stop singing. I tried that for a season and all the color went out of my life. Not an option.

I can't stop doing my job. Well, I could but what would I be gaining other than some free time? And, who's to say it would work? I am a high-octane personality who tends to grow my job into a high-octane job; no matter where I am. My job today is significantly bigger than when I inherited it - I did that.

We could stop taking Munchkin to extra activities but I don't think anybody would accuse us of overscheduling our kids with extra-curriculars.

And Princess Crybaby is just a toddler along for the ride.

This may just be a season that we'll grow out of (or just have to live through). All in all, we have a great life - just a busy life. Crazyville.


No comments:

Post a Comment